Representing the Visual Merchandising and Display Profession
Established in 1947 the British Display Society was created to encourage and promote the highest standards of Visual Merchandising design and of display installation throughout commerce, industry and indeed wherever display techniques were utilised. This embraced many different applications - Retail Windows, Point-of-Sale Display, Exhibitions and Museum Displays. Across the years the Society has constantly maintained its professional standing and adapted to changing times within both education and within the retail world it seeks to service and enhance.
Former BDS students work throughout the U.K. and indeed throughout the world as display managers, college lecturers and consultants. Many are engaged in the related fields of sales promotion, Point-of-Sale display manufacture and exhibition design. Some practise as freelance designers.
Members are backed by the Society’s ‘Pathway to Professional Recognition’ through which affixes are awarded to members whose work and achievements are judged to meet the high standards demanded by the Society.
BDS Distance Learning Course
Are you looking for a rewarding career in visual merchandising, display, point of sale design or exhibition design?
If so, seek help from the profession's top training body, The British Display Society Click here for details
NOTICE TO BDS MEMBERS
The 2014 British Display Society AGM details are as follows;
Thursday 16th October 2014
• Venue:Orsett Hall Hotel, Prince Charles Avenue, Orsett,
Essex, RM16 3HS
• The Orsett Hall Hotel is located in Thurrock, Essex.
• Road network: Just off the M25 junction 30/3, near the QE2 Bridge to Dartford, and close to Basildon and Tilbury Dock.
• Airports: 30 minutes by car from London City airport and 35 miles from London Stansted.
• The nearest train station is West Horndon on the Fenchurch Street line.
We look forward to seeing BDS members there